In 1861 the plans were drawn up for All Saints' church to be built midway between St James in Aberdeen Street and St Peter's in Chilwell. The bishop of Melbourne laid the foundation stone on the 28th June 1862 and the first service was held on march 8th 1863.
In 1918, the Archbishop of Melbourne, the Most Reverend H. Lowther Clark dedicated a new sanctuary. It took a year to build and at the time it was recorded "It is without doubt the loveliest feature of the Church, and there are few sanctuaries in the Melbourne Diocese, which could compare with it."
The South transept with its beautiful rose window houses the vestry and the organ and the adjacent bell tower was added in 1927. The 1862-1962 centenary was marked with the laying of the foundation stone in the Chapel of Christ the King on 24th February 1963.The most recent event was the amalgamation with the parish of St John the Evangelist, Geelong West in 2004